‘Managing expectations’ is a phrase I use often in my daily work life as the owner of a PR firm. I’m usually referring to clients and outcomes, pitches to media and the like, and I’d say 95 percent of the time, I’m successful.
Personally? Well, that’s a completely different matter, no matter how hard I try, especially when it involves Target and fashion designers. That Rodarte collab way back in the day? I’m still lamenting that skeleton dress I could never get my hands on. And that Missoni debacle? Please.
Yes, I’ve got a plan for where and when I plan to encounter the beautiful things early tomorrow morning from Rodarte, Marc Jacobs, Tory Burch, Alice + Olivia and 20 other incredible designers.
“The excitement surrounding the Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection has been remarkable, and the anticipation continues to build,” Wanda Gierhart, chief marketing officer, The Neiman Marcus Group, said in a release.
To accommodate anticipated demand, Target and Neiman Marcus will limit purchase quantities of the limited-edition collection. Guests can purchase up to five of the same item per transaction at Target and Neiman Marcus stores, and online at Target.com and NeimanMarcus.com. Items range in price from $7.99 to $499.99.
Neiman Marcus at SouthPark is prepared as well (of course!), releasing a tip sheet earlier this week, which included the following details for the local reveal:
- Customers are allowed to line up at 6am outside Neiman Marcus SouthPark Mall main entrance located off Barclay Downs Road. Doors will open at 8am.
- The line will form at the covered Men’s entrance.
- The merchandise will be housed in a special pop up shop on the Dress Collections floor on Level Two.
- NM will be hosting a sweepstakes for one lucky winner to receive a $5,000 NM shopping spree! Sign up will be located next to our Pop-Up Shop.
- Any customer who purchases an item in Beauty, including cosmetics and fragrances, will receive an exclusive NM jelly tote bag filled with beauty samples.
- Guests waiting in line will be treated to hot chocolate, coffee and NM chocolate chip cookies.
Need something to look at while waiting in line? Check out these celeb-filled pics from the Target + NM pop-up reveal party in New York.